Adding a new device
Assuming you've not lost your old device, you can use that old device to help you setup Multi-Factor Authentication on your new device. The same process can be used to setup additional, secondary devices too.
To setup Multi-Factor Authentication for Okta on a New Device, follow these simple steps. You'll need your old device and the new one. If you don't have your old device, you'll need to reset your Multi-Factor Authentication (instructions to come)
- On your computer, navigate to https://signon.okta.com/ and login.
- In the lower left-hand corner, click on Settings.
- If Multi-Factor Authentication is not currently set-up on your account, skip to Step 6 below.
Otherwise, click on the Edit Profile button located in the upper right-hand corner.
- You may be prompted to provide your password again. If so, enter it and click Verify.
- You will prompted to login using whatever form of Multi-Factor Authentication you have currently configured (Google Authenticator/Authy or SMS). See Using Multi-Factor Authentication to Sign In if you need a reminder of what this looks like.
- In the Extra Verification section, click the applicable button next to the Multi-Factor Authentication method you need to add, or change, or remove.
If you are adding a new device, click Remove to temporarily remove Google Authenticator from your account. Then, immediately click Set up to use your new device to add Google Authenticator to your account again.
Instructions to Setup Multi-Factor Authentication with Google Authenticator or to Setup Multi-Factor Authentication with Authy are available.